MY WORLD AND WELCOME TO IT — SNOW DAZE ONE!

YESTERDAY, MY DAY BEGAN AND ENDED WITH VERY CONFUSING PHONE CALLS: Like most people living in the world of I-phones and sundry other forms of digital telephones, my land line wired phone is reserved for aging relatives, robo- calls, wrong numbers, emergency 911 calls and any call requiring me to type in information from a keypad. Also, even though I carry a cell phone with me, I have never ever taken a photo with my phone or sent same from my phone. And I have never sent or received a text message on my phone. And just to be honest, my ideal cell phone would probably look like this.SeniorCellPhone

But getting back to my Saturday phone calls.  My day started with the phone ringing shortly after 8:oo. Really, who calls anybody at eight on a Saturday morning? I looked at the caller ID and it said 702 NEVADA NUMBER. Really, how many charities have their solicitation center located in Los Vegas. Anyway the caller started her pitch about Supporting Breast Cancer which was strange since that drive was held back in October. So I hung up. I never give a credit card number to some bimbo in Las Vegas at eight in the morning.

Mlle. Renee convinced me that we should get back in bed until the house warmed up a bit when the Saturday morning alarm went off at 11:30. The classical radio station does an opera broadcast at noon on Saturday, and yesterday they were doing Richard Wagner’s Tristan and Isolde form the Houston Grand Opera. Renee didn’t mind, since I wasn’t really familiar with the score and wouldn’t be singing along with Ben Heppner. I spent the rest of the afternoon doing catch-up jobs and taking  an afternoon nap until the phone rang again. The phone picked up and recorded the message which was so unusual that I posted it on my Facebook page.

Here’s the original message I received and posted on FACEBOOK (since I have long been an openly confirmed bachelor and curmudgeon) along with some of the responses I received. Names have been reduced to initials

Robert Edler

23 hours ago
Just received a courtesy call that my wife who was in delivery is now going back for a C-section.
Like ·  Promote · Share
C L H and T J L like this.

S L R Good idea with heavy weather coming in. I wish her convenience and a healthy new person.
23 hours ago · Like

S L Whoa. Hope the baby arrives okay.
23 hours ago · Like

S L  ☺ 23 hours ago · Like

Robert Edler Didn’t even know I had a wife. Especially one who is pregnant.
23 hours ago · Like

J M Well, what are you doing at home?
23 hours ago via mobile · Like

Robert Edler Trying to convince Mlle. Renee I haven’t been cheating on her.
23 hours ago · Like · 3

S L R So I see–sorry, wrong number!
23 hours ago · Like

B M CONGRATULATIONS!!!!…and at your age.
23 hours ago · Like · 1

C L H  Pity the poor guy who didn’t get the call.
21 hours ago · Like · 1

T D Mazel Tov!
20 hours ago · Like

C W Well, congrats on that!!
20 hours ago via mobile · Like

H R I couldn’t be happier for you both. Will there be a bris?
5 hours ago · Like

AND THEN THE STORMY WEATHER THE NEWS HAD BEEN WARNING US ABOUT FINALLY MOVED IN OVER NIGHT!

DSC08838

I took one look out the window and immediately whipping up a batch of hot biscuits. Here’s what I saw when I looked out the window …

DSC08844

DSC08843

Then Mlle. Renee had to go outside and you know …

DSC08845

DSC08846

Her only comment was, “You should be glad you don’t have to go out to pee today!”

Advertisements

About Robert Edler

... a somewhat unknown and/or imaginary actor, writer, director, producer, photographer, friend, brother, uncle and all round good fellow that you really should get to know because he lives with that most glamorous fourpaw Mademoiselle Renee. (Mlle. Renee for short)

Posted on January 5, 2014, in MY WORLD AND WELCOME TO IT! and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.

1. First Congrats! 2nd – bimbos in Vegas need to make a living too.

• Thanks, but congrats not necessary since my virginity is still secure. As to bimbos, I never call a woman a bimbo unless she has been obnoxiously aggressive in her phone phishing attempts or wakes me and Renee up before the alarm does.

2. Renee is not going to like having a noisy baby around the house. Talk about a daily, too-early wake-up call!